Terms & Conditions
booking tinkers cottage
1. Bookings must be made on our Booking Form and sent to us with a deposit of £100, and will only be effective once confirmed by us in writing. The balance must be received by us no later than six weeks before the beginning of the holiday. When a booking is made less than six weeks before the start of the holiday the full cost of the holiday is payable immediately.
2. Bookings are accepted on condition that all responsible care is taken of the property and its contents. The property should be left in a clean and tidy condition. No security or damage deposit is requested when booking the property but all damages, breakages or excessive cleaning costs are the guest's responsibility and the cost shall be paid on demand.
3. Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone or email and must be confirmed within seven days with a signed booking form and deposit. The signatory must be a member of the party planning to occupy the property and the number of guests must not exceed six.
4. The booking is confirmed following the receipt of the booking form and the deposit. You are then contracted to pay the balance of the holiday cost when it becomes due. Once a booking is confirmed it is understood that the contract is between the guest and the owners of Tinkers Cottage, and that all conditions have been accepted by the person named on the booking form.
staying at tinkers cottage
5. The property is available for occupation from 2pm on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. The normal change over day for a 7-night holiday is Friday or Saturday.
6. No-one other than those named on the booking form may sleep at the property, unless you have the owner’s prior consent. No more than six people may sleep at the property; however friends may be invited over to visit. You may not sub-let the property.
7. The tenant or other guests shall not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to the neighbouring properties.
8. No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury, however caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the guest or any member of the party or invited person, or any car and its contents, or any possession of the guest or any member of the party as defined above.
9. The property is fully equipped with bed linen and bath towels but beach towels are not provided.
10. The cost of heating and electricity is included in the price of the holiday.
11. You will permit the owner or their agent, with or without workmen or others at reasonable times to enter, inspect and if necessary carry out repairs to the property. You must not assign or part with possession of the property, part of it, or anything contained in it. Nor must you use the property for anything other than holiday occupation by the person named on the booking form.
12. Any damage or breakages noticed when taking occupancy of the property must be reported within 24 hours. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all appliances and equipment are in good working order, no guarantee is given or liability accepted if a break down does occur. Repairs will be affected as soon as possible.
13. If you have any difficulties with the property, require maintenance or have any complaints, you should notify the caretaker in the first instance. If you are unable to contact the caretaker, then contact the owner. We will only investigate complaints which are notified to us promptly and before the end of your holiday.
14. If the property is burnt down or rendered uninhabitable by fire or any other cause before the commencement of your holiday, the holiday will be cancelled and the rent will be refunded. The holidaymaker, however, shall not be entitled to any further damages.
15. Pets must be disclosed on the Booking Form and only pets that we confirm are acceptable may be brought into the property. You must ensure that no damage is caused by them to the property and that they are not a nuisance to the neighbouring properties. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds. You must clean up after your pet/s both inside the property and in the paddock area.
16. If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking we will endeavour to re-let the property, if the property is re-let we will refund any monies which have been paid by you less a cancellation charge of £25 per week booked. If we are unable to re-let the property at the same rental you will be liable for the balance of the rent (if not paid) and there will be no obligation on our part to repay or forego any rent paid or unpaid. Guests may wish to invest in holiday cancellation insurance.
descriptions & changes to tinkers cottage
17. We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on our website is true and accurate. In any event, you acknowledge that minor differences may arise between photographs and descriptions of the actual property. We believe that Tinkers Cottage is fairly described and that all information given is accurate.
18. When you book a holiday with us, we collect personal information, which we may use to occasionally to notify you about news or information relating to Tinkers Cottage.
19. We reserve the right to terminate the tenancy immediately if any of the above conditions are not observed, without any redress to us, the owners.
Please send your completed booking form and deposit to:
c/o Tinkers Cottage
62 Cornwall Road
Telephone: 0208 770 1768
Mobile: 07552 936 852